T4L UK Limited Privacy Statement and the Data Protection Act 1998
T4L UK Limited will use your uploaded identification and supporting documents and information for the purposes of enabling LetRef Ltd to obtain references in relation to any tenancy application and/or guarantor application, this includes contacting your employer/previous employer, accountant, your current and previous landlord/letting agent, character referee and carrying out a credit check with a licensed credit referencing company.
T4L UK Limited will treat all your personal information as private and confidential, except where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent or where we are required by law to disclose.
LetRef Ltd may hold your details for a minimum of 3 years.
LetRef Ltd will complete a reference report detailing the results of your reference application including salary disclosure and state it in your report; this report will be sent to you.
A. Use of the www.t4luk.com, the ‘Website’
Before using the T4L UK Limited website, you should note the following points:
- In order to deliver an effective service to you it is necessary for LetRef (our referencing partners) to store personal information about you and/or your Company.
- If you register to use the T4L UK Limited website either as a prospective Tenant or Guarantor, then we will treat all information supplied to us in accordance with The Data Protection Act 1998.
- All necessary information supplied to T4L UK Limited will be processed and stored on a secure server and may be used during future visits to the site to facilitate easy repeated use. The transaction process will use data, encrypted using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) session. Note that some older versions of Web Browsers do not support this facility. Therefore you should ensure that the Web Browser you will use supports SSL.
- Use of this website is intended for citizens of the United Kingdom.
B. Use of Personal Information
Information you provide or we, T4L UK Limited hold may be used by us, our employees and/or agents to:
- identify you when you make telephone, email and fax enquiries;
- carry out reference checks with employers, accountants, landlords/letting agents, character referees, credit referencing company;
- help us detect fraud, misuse or loss;
- keep you updated on any current tenant referencing specific to you and undertaken at your request;
All storage, use and transmission of personal information relating to an individual or a Company is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998.
C. Credit Reference Agencies
LetRef may search the files of credit reference agencies who will record the search. This information may be shared with credit grantors and used for credit decisions and fraud prevention.
D. Third Party Agencies
We will also provide your information to relevant third parties such as LetRef Limited in order to achieve your various requirements. Except where T4L UK Limited is required to disclose by law, we will treat all your information as confidential, even when you are no longer a customer and (unless we are required to do so by law) will not disclose any such information except where a disclosure is made at your request or with your consent.
Where necessary you consent to our processing data that is defined as sensitive by the Data Protection Act such as data relating to your health or offences for the above purposes. LetRef Ltd, its agents and sub-contractors will apply appropriate technical and organisational measures against the unauthorised processing of personal data and against accidental loss of, or damage to personal data. By providing your data you agree to your data being used and transferred as stated above.
E. Contacting Us
You can obtain a copy of all the details held by T4L UK Limited or LetRef Ltd by applying in writing, enclosing an administration fee of £25 to the following address: The Office Manager, T4L UK Limited, 1 St. John’s Road, Kent ME7 5NB.
Please visit the following website for guidelines on data collection and your rights www.ico.gov.uk.
(Updated October 2013)